Aug 19, 2013

EXBlogman's Final Post - Handing off to Elrey

Just came back from my business trip to find out the official EX3 cast & synopsis. Thanks Elrey for keeping the Blog up and running for the past few days.

For those who have been reading this blog from the time Jean & I started writing on EX2 back in November 2011, remember that I  had decided to stop the Blog after I attended the Premiere of EX2 in August 2012 and posted my final review. EX2 was it for me. You have to understand that I'm a huge fan of the 80-90s action genre and more specifically the genre that was represented by icons such as Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Van Damme, Norris & Seagal. 

The reason I decided to come back for an EX3 Blog was because many of you asked me to & I was given the impression that the 3rd installment would top EX2. Although the final cast of EX3 is great, I don't believe it tops its prequel. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Gibson and the Mad Max/Lethal Weapon franchises, I believe Ford is a great actor and Snipes is a fantastic action star. But it doesn't cut it for me. First the exclusion of Willis was a huge blow (although very disappointed by his strange behavior), then the omission of Seagal & Chan was a complete turn-off! Plus I'm not too excited by the addition of those young folks and the idea of a younger group of Expendables.

Having said all that and given my busy life, I wont find the passion to continue dedicating extra time to update this blog. So I have decided to stop writing and hand off the EXBlog to my friend Elrey who seems to be more passionate about EX3 than I am (specially with the addition of Banderas!).

So this is my farewell for now, have fun with the development of EX3 - I'm sure it'll be a great movie. I will definitely watch it, probably wont get an invitation to the Premiere this time, but will be there on the opening day. Ciao!

7 comments:

  1. Sad to see you go, hope everything will go well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Aleksey, I from Russia. I am the great admirer of action movies 80-90, it is memory of my childhood. Symbols of that era for me are Stallone, Jackie Chan, Chuck Norris, Seagal, Van Damme and especially Schwarzenegger and Nicolas Cage. I with the great pleasure looked the first and two parts and looked forward a third. Now I feel huge disappointment. I hope Stallone will understand that as speak at us in Russia "нельзя усидеть одной жопой на нескольких стульях" (it is impossible to sit one bum on several chairs). I hope that he still will shoot the movie for those who was boys in the 80th years. Salute from Russia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. I always liked Russian people because alot of them are very tough and have a cool accent/language. Maybe someday, I'll visit Moscow for vacation.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Welcome to Russia!

      Delete
  3. Mike Frenchy

    Hey, I understand your frustration ExBlogman, it was a very fun ride, I loved working with you and you will be missed !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mike, Elrey here. I can't find your email address. Don't you want to come back and help?

      Delete
  4. This must be the worst article I've read in a long long time? Can't top EX2? Is this how a fan should react? How can you even conclude that???? That just doesn't make sense. Your judging the movie before it has begun shooting just because you couldn't get Chan, Seagal and Cage? Look, these guys were offered but their egos were too big and they just don't want to be in the film so you can't force people who don't have the passion. These guys should be grateful they got offers to be in the film. There's not going to be another next time for these guys. You haven't even seen how Patrick Hughes would do for EX3 under his direction yet. So for you to leave the blog just because your disappointed simply don't add up.

    ReplyDelete